We are deeply sorry to report the death on Oct. 27 of Stephan Klasen, Professor of Development Economics at the University of Göttingen, and coordinating lead author of the first IPSP report. His dedication to equality across nations, genders, social groups has inspired many students and researchers and led him to make many contributions not only to research but also to policy advice on many occasions. His courage during his long disease, his keeping with his work schedule will remain in many minds. His moving Farewell Lecture, given on Nov. 16, 2019, can be seen here. An interview he gave to IPSP in 2015 is here.
- IPSP Announces the Loss of Professor Stephan Klasen
- The Role of Religion in The Pursuit of Social Progress: A Participatory Online Exchange
- Fighting inequalities while fighting climate changes
- The current phase of COVID-19 crisis management in Italy reminds me of climate changes (and gene editing, and artificial intelligence, and …)
- Lessons for Global Cooperation from the COVID-19 Pandemic