The Panel will opt for a work method that differs from standard applied research or think-tank analysis. It will privilege:
- a strong focus on co-construction with practitioners and member-based organizations to make the work more relevant and more informed about issues of concrete implementation,
- a mobilization of interdisciplinary/intersectoral expertise on every issue to provide a comprehensive understanding of the issues and avoid biases coming from specific approaches and narrow disciplinary expertise;
- a focus on developing solutions and roadmaps accessible to civil society change-makers and not only for governments and policy-makers.
To support communities of sustainable practice with the most innovative and performing actionable knowledge on societal challenges, the Panel will develop activities on three fronts:
- the production of reports and briefs
- the development of the International Platform for Social Progress
- the organization of dissemination and participatory dialogue events.